The Tahiti Cruisers Guide is brought to you by Julien Desmont from Xperimental and Chuck Houlihan from Jacaranda. Starting as an idea based on the very successful Panama City Cruisers guide, it has evolved into 200+ pages of information on vendors and services throughout French Polynesia. In January 2018, we added GPS coordinates and links to Google Maps to assist in locating businesses.
Downloading the guide and GPS map coordinates will facilitate using the guide offline. The coordinates will work for either Maps.me (best for Papeete) or Google Maps.
Especially thankful to John (SV Mary Ann II) and Steve (SV Ocean Star) for their huge effort in supplying a vast amount of information for the guide.
The guide is a community effort. Updates and new additions are greatly appreciated. If you find the guide useful or find something that needs updating please drop us a note at tahiticruisersguide (AT) gmail.com
23 Nov 2020
Covid (What to Do)
2020-10-13 20:44:57 UTC
nb This information is intended for cruisers - not for those flying in by air.
FP-wide Covid helpline number - +689 40 45 50 00
- you need a doctor’s prescription to get a Covid-19 test
- first, find a local doctor and call for an appointment, explaining that you have symptoms or have had contact with infection, as relevant
- if you need to get a taxi to the doctor or for testing, explain to the driver that you are going for a test; they should be the only one to open or close doors, you shouldn’t touch anything, and you should have the windows open.
- once you have been issued a prescription by the doctor, take it to the Institut Louis Malarde in Paofai, Papeete. This is located at the junction of rue des Poilus tahitiens and rue du 5 mars 1797 - two blocks behind the Paofai Temple (pink church) near Champion https://goo.gl/maps/P4MMKNS9iUJgZ3wTA
- follow the signs outside the building for the Covid testing site. Once you find the testing location (on the side street), you present your prescription and then will be tested instantly. This is open M-F 0730-1500, S-S 0730-1200. Tel +689 40 416 416/472. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- you will be given a form with a link to access the test results, including your personal ID and password. Test results are usually available online within 48 hours but many have been available sooner. Nb you only have 10 attempts to get your test results before your password is blocke.