The Tahiti Cruisers Guide is brought to you by Julien Desmont from Xperimental and Chuck Houlihan from Jacaranda. Starting as an idea based on the very successful Panama City Cruisers guide, it has evolved into 200+ pages of information on vendors and services throughout French Polynesia. In January 2018, we added GPS coordinates and links to Google Maps to assist in locating businesses.
Downloading the guide and GPS map coordinates will facilitate using the guide offline. The coordinates will work for either Maps.me (best for Papeete) or Google Maps.
Especially thankful to John (SV Mary Ann II) and Steve (SV Ocean Star) for their huge effort in supplying a vast amount of information for the guide.
The guide is a community effort. Updates and new additions are greatly appreciated. If you find the guide useful or find something that needs updating please drop us a note at tahiticruisersguide (AT) gmail.com
Last update: 28 Jul 2021
Covid (What to Do)
2021-01-07 00:35:48 UTC
- As at January 1, you don’t need a doctor’s prescription to get a Covid-19 test any more
- if you have symptoms and want a test, go to the Institut Louis Malarde in Paofai,
Papeete. This is located at the junction of rue des Poilus tahitiens and rue du 5 mars 1797 - two blocks
behind the Paofai Temple (pink church) near Champion https://goo.gl/maps/P4MMKNS9iUJgZ3wTA.
This is open M-F 0730-1500, S-S 0730-1200. Tel +689 40 416 416/472. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- follow the signs outside the building for the Covid testing site. Once you find the testing location
(clearly marked, on the side street), you go the the first ’station’ where you need to show your ID, and give your phone number (international number accepted).
You then go to the next station where you will get tested. They will take two samples.
The first is for the rapid test, where results take 15 minutes. Sit in the waiting area until your name is called with the results of the rapid test.
- If the result is positive, you will usually be told to go home and self-isolate.
- If the result is negative, they will send the second of the two samples for testing, which takes up to 2 days.
- you will be given a form with a link to access the test results, including your personal ID and password, and told to isolate until results are in.
- Test results are usually available online within 48 hours but many have been available sooner. You will receive a text once your results are available.
Part 2 submitted by SV Kini